|Being Primal" is submitting to animalistic instincts and letting yourself be completely free sexually. A primal doesn't necessarily personify a particular animal; they embody the impulse.|
Primal Kinks often include, but are not limited to: Animalistic Sex, Biting, Blood, Leaving Bitemarks, Primal Play, Pursuit Takedown and Capture, Scratching.
Primal is defined in a 'BDSM Glossary' group as:
(1) One who takes the position of not being traditional and wants to start evolving in an alternative lifestyle with no preset rules, traditions or protocols. One who wants to start at the beginning and sets things up to his or her liking. Self defining.
(2) Basest, primary animal instinct.
(3) Slang used for bringing out the basest animal instinct that people feel.
"The textbook* definition (if only there were textbooks on such matters) of Primal, as it pertains to the D/s lifestyle, might describe it as:
1. a person who trusts and acts upon his or her animal instincts;
2. a role that is neither consistently dominant nor submissive but can be either depending upon the
environment, situation and personal dynamic at work;
3. a type of BDSM play that focuses on the animalistic aspects of relationships and sexuality."
*Domination & Submission: The BDSM Relationship Handbook, Michael Makai (2013)